Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Name: Crista. Job: Mom. [+ a recipe]

For the past 12 years I've been working to provide myself (and then my husband, and then my family) with the things I/we want and need. This month, that all changed. My husband has taken a job working all hours of the day for the better part of the week which leaves me no option other than a work-from-home scenario. I'm not interested. What I am interested in is embracing stay-at-home-mommyhood and learning to master my new tasks. What new tasks, you might ask?

Number 1: Full-time Childcare
         
          I am starting from scratch. I'm channeling my inner 16-year-old babysitter and honing in on all the child-entertaining skills I thought I had shelved.

Number 2: Cleaning/Organizing

          HA! I plan to document all of my trials and tribulations here for you to laugh... er, look at. Side note: my husband is AMAZING and has done the majority of all cleaning since we've been together... but not anymore!

Number 3: Cooking

          Some call it that, I'll call it "creating food things." I don't have much experience as fortunately/unfortunately (glass half full?) my (again... amazing) husband has also done the bulk of this up until now.

So far I've found a staple website that provides quick, easy meals to prepare (I found it searching for meals that kids love when attempting to cook once for my 10-year-old step-son). The website is called Moms Who Think -- genious! Check it out, you might just find something you love! (My personal favorite falls under Week 5: Tuna With Garlic Cheese Biscuits -- yum!) I guarantee you don't have to be a mom to fall in love with their complete meal solutions.

Here's the recipe if you, like me, prefer less steps (i.e.: not having to click external links) Enjoy and lt me know how it turns out!

TUNA WITH GARLIC CHEESE BISCUITS
Ingredients:
2 cans (5 oz each) tuna in water, drained, flaked
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
⅔ cup milk
1 ¼ cups Bisquick
⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
In ungreased 2-quart casserole, mix tuna, soup, vegetables and ⅔ cup milk.
2. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cheese and ½ cup milk until soft dough forms.
4. Drop dough by 6 spoonfuls onto hot tuna mixture.
5. Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
6. Mix butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs