Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Baking Project 1 and 2

I love to bake. It brings me a sense of joy and accomplishment. Not because I'm amazing but I feel like I get it; unlike cooking which I feel like I just don't get. Here are some projects I've been working on in my "down time" which ultimately translates into the twin's nap time:

Holiday sugar cookies! I made this set family-style :)
After the sugar cookies I thought it might be nice to make something that was beautiful (no offense, cookies) and that I could possibly give as a gift, since money is so tight this year and baking is very inexpensive... at least the kind I do is! So next I dabbled in some truffles. I thought hey, they're elegant, they package nicely and really, who doesn't like chocolate? My first batch was iffy. The ones I was looking MOST forward to, the dipped truffles, turned out sketchy but I blame myself for only kind-of following the recipe. See for yourself:

Chocolate truffles with cocoa powder and powdered sugar- beautiful.

Dipped in almond bark- wth?!


So at the end of the day I tried something new. Next time I will follow the recipe precisely. On the up side my husband said the ugly dipped ones are the tastiest -- WIN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs