Friday, September 28, 2012

Tofu "Steak" Salad

Sometimes I read a recipe and I think to myself
"this is going to be AWFUL, but it's good for me, so..."
and decide to make it anyway.
Am I the only one who does that?
 
That's how it went for me with this dish,
inspired by the E2 Diet.
 
The thought of mushy tofu on top of fresh spinach
did not sound good to me at first.
 
I'm happy to report how very very wrong I was.

Ingredients
1 pound extra firm tofu, sliced into 3/4" slices
8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced I cheat and buy pre-sliced, shh!
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
Bragg's Liquid Aminos
Black Pepper
A few spoonfuls of sesame seeds
A few handfuls of fresh spinach

Prep
Get as much moisture out of the tofu as possible.

Throw the sliced tofu onto a hot skillet with mushrooms.

Sprinkle Bragg's Liquid Aminos generously over the tofu and shrooms.

Cook this way for 5- 10 minutes, flipping occasionally, depending on how done you like your "steaks".

While tofu is cooking, lay out spinach and cukes on a plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Slice cooked tofu into strips and place, with mushrooms, over greens. Crack fresh pepper over top.

Voila!


Side note: I LOVED the way this dish turned out! It literally felt like rare steak in my mouth. Even my husband (who unfortunately had to reheat and eat this as leftovers because he was working when it was fresh and hot) said he enjoyed it! Hope you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs