Friday, October 5, 2012

PARNEVU

First I had thick, wavy hair.
Then, while I was pregnant the first time, I had thinner, less wavy hair.
Now, six months postpartum, my hair is thick and unfortunately
streaked with a very small we're talking super, duper small people amount of grays.
 

 
 
Don't believe me? Just take a look at my head!
I'm not proud of it, in fact I think I'm too too young BUT
the truth is that they're there.
Plus, if it's true that stress causes gray hair,
I've certainly earned my few strands the last couple years.
 
 
If you have any amount of grays, you know they get unruly!
Their texture is coarse, they wind around in every direction.
They're just... blech!
 
 
On top of all that bologna,
I also have scaly red spots on my scalp that, if left untreated,
begin to drive me bonkers in a matter of days.


In fact, I've been itching to do something dramatic to my hair recently.
But before I get carried away I thought I'd give  
 
 
"PARNEVU organic T-Tree Shampoo is a unique blend of botanicals designed to cleanse the hair and scalp of impurities. It penetrates the hair to replace and lock in vital moisture lost to chemical damage and everyday styling. It leaves hair soft and manageable."
Sounds great.
 
 
For the last three years I have not done any "chemical damage" to my hair
(although the appearance of those dull strands makes me want to!)
but I have done my fair share of "everyday styling"
be it blow dryer, straightener, or curling iron.
This promise, however; is what most sparked my curiosity: 
"specially formulated with Australian Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia)
to help eliminate itching and flaking when used on a regular basis."
I'm ready for THAT!
So I shampooed
Then I leave-in-conditioned
And finally I spray glossed
 
 
What was the result?
Before I even reached for the blow dryer I could feel silky smooth strands. Mmm mmm good!
Side note: I talked my husband into trying the combo too, and his hair was baby soft!
I did notice, before applying the leave-in-conditioner, that my hair was extremely dry from the shampoo alone. I had to apply to conditioner, just to be able to comb it.
Also, I am not a fan of the scent. I am sure it's a high concentration of melaleuca (tea tree oil) but the chemical/antiseptic smell does not appeal to me.
 
 
Added Goodies
I also tried the T-Tree Spray Glosser, and was pleasantly surprised. Fresh out of the shower I threw my hair up in a ponytail and gave it a spray, it did what it said to tame frizzy fly-aways without weighing down my hair. Plus: it has a light, fresh scent. On day two of having the spray glosser in, however, I do feel the need to wash my hair (which is not the norm for me). I'm more of a once-every-three-to-four-days kind of gal.



Overall rating of PARNEVU T-Tree Shampoo, Leave-In Conditioner and Spray Glosser? B+, or 8 out of 10. Losing points on ease of use for a single product, and chemical scent.


I received the above mentioned products for review. I was not compensated in any other way. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% original. Photographs used with permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs