Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast

 photo fiveminutefrenchtoast_zpsbe932828.jpg


Let's pretend for a minute that I haven't been feeling very well, my kids have been crying non-stop for days, and I've been battling my conscience in order to maintain healthier eating habits.

Now let's pretend that for a moment the house is quiet and I am alone with my sweet tooth.

And finally we can imagine that I might have wandered over to Pinterest and came across a recipe with a photo so tempting I decided to recreate that lust in my own kitchen.

The recipe of said inspiration can be found here.

It took me all of five minutes to decide to take this on, the same amount of time to create it, and embarrassingly less time to "make it go away."

Chocolate Peanut Butter French Toast

Ingredients:

2 Eggs
3 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
2 T Peanut Butter - single ingredient peanut butter is best!
Hefty Sprinkle of Ground Cinnamon
Handful of Chocolate Chips
Syrup, Agave, Honey, or Powdered Sugar - pick one, not all preferably!

Smear PB on the inside of all pieces of bread. Stack bread and layer with chocolate chips. Crack eggs into bowl and sprinkle in cinnamon, stir. Bathe naughty sandwich in egg mixture. Heat a skillet to Med-High + spray. Drop the french toast concoction on the skillet and brown each side - approximately 3 minutes per side. Devour!

I'm sure my tots would have enjoyed this, too, but I shamelessly put it away while they were (conveniently, I might add) napping. Maybe next time. Maybe...


10 comments:

  1. This looks dangerously delicious! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's is precisely that- dangerous! I hope you love it as much as I do! (I think) :)

      Delete
  2. How super yummy!!! Pinning this for later! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate, peanut butter, cinnamon - all my favorites and yet I have never heard of this until now. Gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had breakfast yet and now I really want that!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you made one and enjoyed it as much as my kiddos did. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs