1. I don't always require my son to be buckled in the stroller.
3. I find it amusing to watch my son drink from (non-alcoholic) beer bottles - labeled Indian, from Puerto Rico.
5. I spell out fun messages on playground equipment instead of watching my child's every move.
9. I don't always wipe their noses.
10. I wear the Moby but don't make her use it.
11. I let their pants get wet on the snowy slide
But on the other hand I:
1. Make outdoor time accessible at all costs. No Excuses.
2. Document our family fun for my already-shady memory,and growing kids who will someday be curious.
3. Foster a sense of World Exploration.
4. Foster a sense of Self Exploration.
5. Allow for "unsupervised" imaginative play.
6. Cultivate thick skinned children, in every way.
7. Allow them to express creativity through clothing choice or lack thereof.
8. Encourage their natural interests.
9. Facilitate a sense of desire for personal care.
10. Condone breaking boundaries.
11. Introduce opportunities for decisions.
12. See number five above.
There are two sides to every story. What did you see in mine? Have you ever had similar feelings - as a parent or elsewhere in life?
While you're here could you Vote for us on Top Baby Blogs? Pretty please? My doc. says it's good for karma!