1 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 t. salt
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C butter, softened
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses blackstrap is best!
1/2 C sugar to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.3. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, and then the molasses until just combined. Slowly add the flour mixture just until dough forms.
4. Spoon 1 T. of dough at a time, roll into a ball between your palms, then roll in sugar to cover all sides.
5. Place on cookie sheets spaced three inches apart (cookies will spread while baking).
6. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a moment then transfer cookies to racks to cool down.