Monday, February 3, 2014

EDIBLE // SPRING ROLL DIPPING SAUCE

 
 
While making magic this week Bob found himself trying to use up what remained of a pork loin, as well as some scraggler veggies. In the back of the cupboard, not used in a year, he found some rice paper skins (no, they don't go bad - I don't think) - score! Translation? We are having SUMMER ROLLS! Since he's the magic man in the kitchy I stick to sides and sauces when he's home. After browsing some sauce inspiration, and finding nothing that met my desire for heat, I came up with this little gem. I hope you make it, and use it sometime soon. I'm pretty sure the amount of flavor in that teeny little bowl should be illegal. Just sayin'.
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 3/4 C soy sauce we like liquid aminos around here
  • 3 T. rice vinegar
  • 1 T. lemon juice always use fresh if it's available!
  • 1 t. sugar or honey, stevia, etc.
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 white onion, minced
  • 2 T. red chili paste
  • hefty sprinkle of sesame seeds
 
Whisk it all together and serve with FRESH Spring or Summer rolls!
Side note: I did make a separate batch for the tots without garlic, onion or chili paste. You know, boring.
 
Our summer rolls included: jalapeƱo, cucumber, carrot, sliced pork, and lettuce, but the amount of entrees that this sauce will be devine with is end.less. I was practically licking my bowl after din. Start your week with something spicy + enjoy, friends!


 
 

1 comment:

  1. I am such a sauce person. I usually have some form or type of dipping sauce for almost every meal. This literally made my mouth water. Asian cuisine is my fave. You just single-handedly combined my two loves! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs