Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Put on your smile, it's time to go... anywhere.

Having twins is a lot of fun, but one of the hardest things for me has been the constant repeat of the same. question. every. place. we. go. 

All packed in and ready for a trip to the store.

Here's an example of a typical outing. It starts with me getting ready for an hour because you are constantly in the spotligt with twins. I don't dare head out without mascara on, a clean shirt, and a bag full of baby supplies. I wouldn't want someone to see me struggling and have a pity party.

Once we get to the store we can occasionally make it from the car to the front door without stopping because people realize I don't want to be a road block with that giant stroller.

This is how we do it if it's just mom-- pile on the goods.
Inside the store is a different story. It doesn't matter if I'm on the phone, talking to Bob or asking a clerk for help, people will interrupt you no matter what you're doing in order to remind you that you have twins (as if I ever forget). I say it that way not to complain but really to point out the fact that people will literally say to me "twins!" to which I reply "yep." Don't get me wrong, I love them and am enthusiastic about them but sometimes I just want to buy a loaf of bread without discussing when they were born, if they nurse, and big or little they look for their age.

By the time I get to the checkout, the boys are SPENT. They are ready to go, but there is always a friendly cashier waiting to ask every question I just spent the last hour dodging. Somehow no one seems to mind when they're wailing at the top of their little bitty lungs for me to get them out of there

I'm in the process of making a sign to hang on the stroller that says:

Taylen and Dayr
6-months-old
1 month premature
Both Boys

That sure would save me a lot of time in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs