Since High School my weight has been a battle. After two back-to-back pregnancies and a rediculous amount of weight gain I'm taking matters back in to my own hands. I decided to bite the bullet and agreed to participate in a 5K in July. That gives me well over a month to prepare, and truth-be-told I'm allowed to walk the whole way if I want. ... but I don't! I want to smoke it!
So here it is, in all its glory. What it's been like so far.
- Day 1: Hardly ran, mostly walked. I'd say about 80:20 ratio (walking:running). 20 minutes.
- Day 2: Same as day 1. hmmph.
- Day 3: Felt like quitting... but didn't! Made it through a 2 mile walk/run cycle pushing a stroller with three kids.
- Day 4: Ran and walked (40/60) no kids. Feels like it's getting easier.
- Day 5: HUGE struggle to get out the door but we made it! Ran/ walk again with stroller (60/40). Obstacles: four poopy diapers and light rain in the beginning. Two mile course.
- Day 6: Ran/ walked 70/30 !!
- Day 7: Ran 12 minutes straight, walked one, ran three more- short run. Feeling exhausted.