Thursday, November 7, 2013

PRODUCTS // ORAL CARE

Yes this is a Blog about my family + my children but do ya wanna know something fun about ME? Okay! Even as a young girl I LOVED to brush my teeth! I looked forward to going to the dentist like a disgustingly huge amount, and flossing and rinsing were some of my faves. When I was old enough I even utilized my own hard-earned money to buy whitening strips and keep my pearly whites, well... WHITE! My teeth have always been a point-of-pride, earning me compliments and questions about dental care + braces never had to wear them, to answer your Q. But deep down I know that my love of dental hygiene stems from a memory with dear ole dad. At the first house we lived in I remember him brushing my teeth and - oops! - "accidentally" plopping some paste on my nose, or my cheek. It made me laugh, and made tooth care that much more fun.
 
Now that my children have full sets of chompers it's my turn to carry on the good hygiene legacy. With manual toothbrushes Taylen + Dayr now nearly three-years-old  could do an adequate job but often had tiny pieces of food still stuck before bed. Yuck. Ayara could not care less about the brush, she's just happy to suck down a bit of paste now and then. A trait I'm sure she inherited from me, I used to hide and eat toothpaste after every dental visit. Ick.
This past week we tried an Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Rechargeable Power Toothbrush. The difference I've seen in the kids' brushing is like night and day! Taylen my extremely sensitive child took to it best of all. We started by feeling the vibrating bristles on our fingers, and testing the brush on mom. After all of that exploring he was ready to get his mouth clean in a fun new way. I saw bits of cheese that had settled into his tooth caverns lifted right out, as well as a tiny little chia seed immediately dislodged. That was enough to count me in as a true fan.
"The National Children’s Oral Health Foundation: America’s ToothFairy® (NCOHF) is dedicated to eliminating children’s preventable suffering from pediatric dental disease by providing programs and comprehensive resources to deliver community-based critical preventive, educational and treatment services.
 
Formed in the U.S. in 2006 as a collaborative effort of clinicians, academicians, corporate leaders and caring individuals, NCOHF supports the delivery of oral health education and care at the prenatal level. Pediatric dental disease can have devastating social and economic consequences for vulnerable children and families. America’s ToothFairy serves as EDUCATOR about the importance of oral health, PREVENTER of disease and PROTECTOR of children."
 
Visit America's Tooth Fairy + sign your child(ren) up for the ToothFairy kids club where they'll receive tips, activities, and a personalized letter from the Tooth Fairy! Facebook + Twitter, too!
 

 
I was sent the above mentioned toothbrush as compensation for this post. I was not required to write a positive review.
The opinions herein are 100% my own. I was not compensated in any other way.

2 comments:

  1. That is a cool club! I once wrote a letter to my son from "The tooth fairy" and he ate it right up. I can use this site with my new LO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids got jipped several times when the tooth fairy forgot to visit. This is cool! Great tradition to pass on to the kids!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs