Tuesday, March 11, 2014

EDIBLE // NO BAKE (raw) ENERGY BITES

 
More of this in my life, please. And by this I mean simple recipes that take almost zero time to make, that are full of decent ingredients and treat my family without filling them full of weird ingredients. Last year while trying to eat strictly vegan + mostly raw I learned about no-bake energy bites (which are also "raw"). I made them multiple times and packed them as park snacks for our family and to share with friends. There are no hidden ingredient surprises so they're amazingly easy to share with almost any dieting or diet-restricted child/friend.
 
A note from a seasoned energy bite maker: make a double batch.
 


 
Ingredients:
 
2 C. oats I prefer old fashioned oats
1 C  peanut butter single-ingredient preferred; no added oil, salt or sugar, etc.
1/2 C. honey local + raw is best
1/2 C chocolate chips I use semi-sweet + mini - they distribute in the mixture more evenly, organic or dark are great!
1/2 C flax meal another good one to buy organic!
1 t. vanilla available organically

To Make:

Loosely measure all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. I say loosely because occasionally I add a bit more or less peanut butter depending on the humidity of the room/day, temperature, desired stickiness, etc. Play around with add-ins, too! You don't have to use chocolate chips - raisins, goji berries or carob chips would be great in these, too. Trust me, I know!
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and refrigerate covered for at least 20 minutes to help everything set.
Enjoy!
 
If this gets your blood pumping you'll love this amazing raw vegan fudge recipe. Seriously, so divine and (bonus) there are secret veggies inside!

3 comments:

  1. yum! can't wait to try these. thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious! I love to bake. I will do this with my son. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Speak Your Piece

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs